Sunday, 23 January 2011

In the Beginning, there was a surplus of beef in the freezer compartment of my fridge

January has been a funny month. Some things happened - I got stood up after the culmination of a month-long 'cyber 'courtship'' (Yes, double apostrophes are warranted. If you can think of a better turn of phrase, feel free to interject); finally learnt to embrace solitude and just this morning, I wedged a piece of TESCO cashew chicken (by Ken Hom) in between my tits and had to use my fingers when it would not be penetrated by the fork. See? It's been a tumultuous month and no mistake. This week has been a particular turning point.
I made the decision on Friday night that I would dedicate this weekend, particularly Saturday, to myself. So, after the alleged 24hr handyman had been and went - fixing my window in the process, even if his idea of fixing a troublesome window lock differs greatly to mine and I had to wait a fortnight for him to show up in the first place - I set about my planned events. These were:
- Make a stew (second attempt)
- Bake cupcakes
- A bit of tidying and washing up and that.

Yeah, that's how I roll. And they were all executed with grace, poise, and an arched eyebrow, wearing a diamente-emebllished brassiere and furry slippers.

Today, in comparison, was a typical Sunday, a sort of greying, itchy day when I didn't really get anything done, although I did do a very grown up thing and tidied up my bureau drawers - that only took an hour, though. The other twelve or so just blurred into one another.

Therefore, in Summary:
Saturday = Thumbs Up
Sunday = Wavy hand motion, "Ehh" noise

Next Week: It's Go Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment